A gateway is a bridge that connects wireless devices to the Internet. This Linux-based Home Automation Gateway enables remote monitoring and control of ZigBee® powered nodes and devices inside the home. This gateway reference design includes ZigBee Home Automation (HA 1.2) certified software stack and tens of APIs that simplify ZigBee integration and application development in a Linux system.
- Simple API for home automation, incorporating TCP/IP to ZigBee bridge and enabling faster development of applications and easier integration of low power connectivity solutions
- CC2531-based USB Dongle running ZigBee Home Automation (HA 1.2) certified Protocol Stack, MAC & PHY and extensively tested for interoperability
- Based on the Sitara AM335x BeagleBone Black low-cost, open source, community-supported development platform and the SimpleLink™ ZigBee CC2531 wireless MCU based on small form-factor USB dongle
- All system hardware components available via TI's eStore or through authorized distributors. Wiki-based user guides also available to generate and compile Linux open-source components
- Off-the-shelf Linux-based system software & hardware implementation for connecting ZigBee sensors to TCP/IP applications via Ethernet, including all application, Linux middleware, ZigBee stack and firmware components
- Z-Stack™ Linux Gateway installer package for the BeagleBone Black and the ZigBee Home Automation stack for the SimpleLink CC2531 dongle are free and available for downloadbelow or through TI's Z-Stack™ software page.